Frequently Asked Questions about the ECFit Boulder Mobile app
- Who should do these workouts? Experienced athletes as well as those who are brand-new to strength training. The app will guide you through every exercise.
- When in the season should I strength train? These program can be done at any time during the year. There are in-season and off-season specific programs, as well as a run-focused program that can be repeated year-round to improve mobility, stability, and strength.
- How do I know how often to do these workouts? How much weight should I use? A PDF is delivered inside the mobile app when the program is loaded. Check that out for detailed instructions on workout frequency & workout load.
- How long do these workouts take? 30 – 45 minutes.
- Do I need to join a fancy gym to do these workouts? No. Every workout is different, but most can be done with some simple equipment that is commonly available even in small hotel/office gyms.
- Should I be barefoot for these workouts? If you can train barefoot without pain, then yes, ECFit recommends barefoot strength training. Just be careful!
- Should I warm up beforehand? No warm-up is required for ECFit workouts – as these workouts are ideally done at the end of the training day.
- Do I need to adjust these workouts if I am older than 30/40/50? No adjustments need to be made. ECFit workouts can be – and are! – done by athletes of any age.
- Should I do these workouts if I am injured? Yes, but you may need to leave out specific movements depending on your injury. Follow the guidance of your doctor or physical therapist. If you are in doubt or it hurts, don’t do it.
- I don’t want to look like the Incredible Hulk. Should I still strength train? Yes. ECFit workouts are about supporting your high-level endurance training, not building huge muscles.
- These workouts don’t seem that hard or make me sore for a week. I thought strength training was supposed to smash me? Endurance athletes don’t need more exercise. These workouts should not steal resources from your swim, bike or run training. Train smarter in the gym, not harder!
- I have a great coach who plans all my swim/bike/run training sessions. Where do I add these workouts? ECFit workouts are designed to complement intelligent and balanced endurance training. These workouts are best done as the last session of the day following a hard bike or run session.
- I am a great coach who would love to have all of my athletes strong & injury-free – can I buy programs in bulk for my athletes? Group purchasing options will be available in 2018.
- Help! I’m a delicate flower. Do you do custom programs? Custom ECFit Boulder programs will be available in the spring of 2018.